27 November 2008

and now for something completely different...

ben took me sailing on lake washington last sunday. for some reason, he trusted me enough to steer. enough to steer under the bridge. we said we were sailing to china and a tiny part of me chose to believe it for a second, because we could, because nothing real was stopping us...only bills and work the next day and over-commitment.

anyway, there was potential and i felt ridiculously giddy just being outside of my comfort zone. ben somehow convinced me that i should do an apprenticeship. what? yeah, like learn to be an electrician or a sprinkler fitter or a locksmith. what?! me? ha! i'm a social worker and a chocolate factory tour guide. i know about people. i know about relating to people and helping people and analyzing people and listening to people and kissing people's asses. i'm still spending thousands of dollars on my 4-year liberal arts degree in anthropology.

well, i looked on the website at least. everything about these gigs sounds about 100% better than my life right now. more money. less debt. fewer rich bitchy women buying fancy chocolate.

new skillz.

No comments: