19 November 2008

please, somebody prove me wrong!

not to write another entry that might make me sound like an angry feminist, but...well, hell, i'm an angry feminist.

crisis line highlight of the night!

me: hello?
man: hi. um. are you. is this for domestic violence?
me: yes we are a domestic violence help line.
man: i, um, er...need to take classesNOTCOURTMANDATED, but you know voluntary for, um you know...
me: ...what?
man: *ahem* not hitting or nothin' just, you know, a lot of yelling. a lot of verbal, you know.
me: mmm...let me give you some numbers to a some men's dv agencies.

*3 minutes later*

me: hello?
man: hi. it's mark again. um, they just keep telling me to call you.
me: i don't think that makes sense. we don't have any abuser treatment programs.
man: well. um. to be honest. i mean, do you know what i'm looking for?
me: it sounds like you are looking for a treatment program or support around being verbally abusive.
man: well i mean...i just yell and it's just how i was raised, but she thinks though that it's...so...well, to be honest, heh heh, i've had a few beers...what's that number again?
me: hm. well, i will give you the number again, but i think maybe it's a good idea to wait until you're sober to call these places. it might help.
man: ha. right.

*2 minutes later*

me: hello?
man: hahahahahaha. did i just call you? i can't seem to keep straight what numbers i've called hahaha.
me: maybe you should put a check mark beside them. maybe you shouldn't drink before you call these places.
man: hahaha, well right!

*5 minutes later*

me: hello?
man: um. sorry. do you have any numbers for alcohol support groups? i think that's what i really need.


what. a. fucker.

No comments: