03 December 2008

my point exactly.

phone conversation for which i chose to stay awake last night:

other: my life, my life! me me me and everything i know! *half an hour later* so what have you been up to?

me: do you ever feel like you are completely lost in the world? like you know who you are inside, but for some reason you can't project that...so you know that the people with whom you interact everyday don't really know you, they just know this false you and, no matter how hard you try, you can't bridge that disconnect between true you and false you...and it's so frustrating that it's all trapped in there...all the things you're passionate about and you love, your talents and potential...nobody even knows about them. like they are trapped and dying and there's nothing to look forward to and nobody really sees you or hears you. it's so isolating and lonely...you know?

other: uh, becca. i'm really struggling to stay awake. i actually have no idea what you've been saying for the last minute and a half. sorry.

me: oh. okay. um, good night.

other: night.

No comments: