26 December 2008

second day of

an irritating part about christmas is the day after christmas when all anyone can say is, "how was your christmas?"

it was long as hell and full of mimosas, myself myself myself, my voice being passed around a few living rooms somewhere in ohio, approximately three sad teardrops, approximately three hundred candy cane joe-joes, one frozen pizza, mariah carey, digging a car out with a spatula, the blue moon, disclosing personal information to strangers, and a mason jar of hot red rose tea at 4am.

and i don't think i want to talk about it anymore than that. but you're getting more information than most people. usually, i've just been saying, "nice" and "i'm glad it's over" and "isn't it unusual that 'have yourself a merry little christmas' has such happy lyrics, but is such a sad song?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had my first candy-cane joe joe's this past week (and the CHOCOLATE CoVERED ONES too). Soo good.
~Corryn