09 October 2008

ne me quitte pas

ahhh, 9:00 on a thursday...am full of wine and ancient cacao recipes. now that my humors are balanced, i shall drink more wine and listen to regina spektor in comfort of own home by self...

things i want to share today:

1. i got my first tour tip! i kicked ass today (or rather, my tour group kicked ass and for some reason found me brilliant and hilarious). afterwards, a woman came up to me and a) slipped me $5 and b) told me that she's a massage therapist and wants to give free massages to all theo employees. whaaaa?
2. i had my first, but definitely not last, spa experience yesterday. wowee. why haven't i done this before? a new level of self-care realized.
3. my coworker, liz, and i are starting a feminist book club. it felt hella good to meet about it, to feel fired up inside, to get little goosebumps at the idea of being intellectually stimulated and making a fuss about injustice again, like the good old days...
4. renai and i made delicious, delicious sweet and salty cookies and ate lots and lots of them while making sense of our lives.
5. there are so many people in my phone who i can't call.
6. the smell of seattle lately reminds me of something i haven't been able to grasp. maybe just because i have a cold. i'm determined to pinpoint what it is though...
7. i think it will be okay.

No comments: