28 August 2008

i'll thank the world!

*closes eyes, opens arms, and deeply inhales sweet city air*

ahh, to be a functional member of the real world! i write this soberly, with a newfound joy that springs from participating in everyday society, walking down street, saying hello to neighbors, etc., in manner of ebenezer scrooge post-ghost visits.

despite the fact that my left kidney hurts in a bad, bad way if i don't empty my bladder the second it is full, and having abruptly abandon my slothful lifestyle of 12-hour nights of sleep and napping twice daily in order to be responsible, working adult, i am all smiles and ready to flush my vic down the toilet...or sell it to kids on the ave...

if you know the theme song in "the last unicorn," imagine america singing the chorus in the background while you read the rest of this.

AND i rode my newly restored bike to work!

AND a magician came into the store and showed me a magic trick today, which involved him turning five one dollar bills into five one hundred dollar bills. i asked if he would do this trick to my paycheck, but he pretended not to hear me. damnit...

AND i have officially been vegan for nearly 24 hours. well, except for that small dollop of sour cream on my burrito today...it was so small...and having a burrito with no sour cream seems sinful...well, a person can't turn into a saint over night (god knows i've tried). to even out the dairy product incident, i have not indulged in any other vices today.

i've had to go to the bank two days in a row. both days involved severe "my tellers are my family" incidents. i sat down to change my address and kailee showed me a loophole to maintain free bill pay with my online banking AND a way i can be accruing reward points on my credit card...and corey always remembers my name and makes endearingly awkward small talk...and cody waves at me everytime, even when he's not my teller, because he was my FIRST teller when i moved to seattle last year...oh lord...

I will start anew/I will make amends/and I will make quite certain/that the story ends/on a note of hope/on a strong amen/and I'll thank the world/and remember when/I was able to begin again!
--scrooge

No comments: