19 August 2008

end of the world as we know it

my last day of:

-working at shelter (as an unpaid employee, at least)
-being helpful in the move-out process at home
-having kidney stones stuck in my ureter
-having a broken road bike
-eating cheese. and ice cream. and spinach. and everything else i love. foreva.

hopefully it will not me my last day of life on this earth. even though i've been strongly (and wisely) advised by multiple people to stop scaring myself, i can't help dwelling on the possibilities of an air bubble in my IV, a deadly allergic reaction to shock waves, and horror stories of the 20,000-40,000/year reported cases of anesthesia awareness. seriously!

but you'll be relieved to know that since 1997 my hospital has been using neurophysiological monitoring device called a bispectral index to track level of consciouness. i'm definitly asking my anesthesiologist if she/he knows how to properly operate this equipment.

i am secretly excited about a three-day nap-and-movie-watching vacation, though. my housemate-with-whom-i-share-a-wall and i recently stumbled upon the christploitation and post-apocalyptic section at the video store. the bruce campbell movie we watched this weekend: excellent. virtual reality, mutant cannibals...oh man. and scarecrow video has. an entire. wall. of these movies.

another tale of false sense of bank teller being my best friend:

liz and i went into wells fargo this weekend. the girls were clearly bored out of their minds and started asking us a million questions about our lives. it came up that we're moving this weekend, but can't move into new house unter the 1st. teller actually OFFERED her own home to us. fo reals. she was very, very concerned. i guess we look like nice people. really nice, trustworthy people. ha.

No comments: