04 February 2010

antsy smashpants!

hi there.

since we last spoke, i have acquired many new obsessions and restructured my five- year plan. with so many new year's resolutions, it's hard to believe, right? i know. but alas.

it all started with an empowering weekend...

first, we went to the miss indigo blue academy of burlesque alumni show, which started with non-disney princesses and ended with fried egg pasties.



then, i saw my first EVER roller derby.



i expected to like it...fine, medium, okay. i'm not that competitive, i don't like sports, so...

holy heartfailure! why didn't anyone TELL me about this before?? i did not expect to LOVE IT. i did not expect to NEED TO DO IT! i did not expect to not be able to stop thinking about it. so now all i need to do is: buy some skates, relearn to skate, learn to skate well, maybe get some more tattoos, and nurture that teeny tiny competitive seed that must live somewhere inside me. it must live somewhere inside me, because it was about to burst out of my heart on sunday. it spoke to me from within. it said, "becca, this is your destiny! incorporate roller derby into your five-year plan! call yourself 'beverly crusHer*'!" those voices are not to be ignored.

this leaves me with a lot of work to do, on top of my pre-existing life, which suddenly seems bland, meaningless, and annoyingly time-consuming.

so i have all that to think about and suddenly, 15 years after the rest of the world, i discovered ebay. there is so much cheap shit to be had! and it feeds my teeny tiny internal competitive seed. i want everything. i want things i didn't know i wanted. lingerie, feathery things for my hair, instruments, typewriters...i want roller skates! and, more so, i want to outbid!

meanwhile, i'm getting more and more anxious to see a baby be born! good god!

so much waiting...so much to be done...

of course right in the midst of my brilliant plan of action and newly discovered passions, my almost-yearlong streak of healthiness comes to an abrupt stop and common cold kicks my daydreaming ass. hard. like...stay home a few days hard. damnit. i clearly don't have time for this!

antsy antsy antsy!!!

*lamentably, this name has already been taken. curses! if you have any name suggestions for me, (burlesque, derby, or otherwise) please share.

No comments: