21 July 2009

i iz surfin the netz



yesterday i rediscovered how romantic and dramatic and fun writing a letter on a typewriter is. only the cartridge ran out of ink half way through my letter...so i spent $27 on two new cartridges...money that should have been put toward credit card payments or savings or something responsible and adultish. alas.

other than frivolous purchases of ink cartridges and paintings and ice cream, i have been, overall, a very balanced and healthy human being the past few days; cleaning my room, going to yoga, taking walks, writing letters, eating salad...i remembered how important it is to make myself spend time alone (and away from the computer). on the outside i think i exude melancholy, but inside i feel quite zen and peaceful. i'm trying really hard not to launch into on of my unsustainable saint sprees this time, and just relax and ease into good habits and general acceptance of where life brings me. we'll see...

meanwhile i've been reading about reproductive rights and education, doulas, and midwifery and trying not to get carried away fantasizing about the future.

oh, did anyone watch the new target women (see last post)? it turns out that the woman who wrote the rating system book is my sister's co-worker! ah, world, you are so tiny.

also, jodi sent me this link from racialicious. it helps to know a bit about south minneapolis if you don't, but chicago-lake is my old neighborhood, known for lots of diversity, lots of crime, and, recently, lots of gentrification. so these ads are...well, blatantly racist. anyway, that was my liquor store. sigh.

1 comment:

Minnehappybluegrassness said...

that picture made me laugh inappropriately at work. have you seen this: http://catsinsinks.com/

it inspired me to put one of scott's dirty cats in my sink and take a picture. what i should of done was bathe that piece of shit.