25 February 2009

moment

day 12. it's harder than you think...or maybe you already think it's hard. anyway, it is.

today was long. i brought home sipping chocolate for my housemates in an old margarine container.i wanted to warm it up for them on the stove and bring it out in little steaming mugs and sit around the fireplace. the lid fell off the container and it leaked in my backpack. when i made it to my house, no one was around. some days i come home and wish no one was around and everyone's home, then the days i wish everyone was home, nobody is.

one of my wisdom teeth is starting to poke through. i only have 1/2 a wisdom tooth so far. it stopped growing after a while. and now this one. it's on the top, on the same side as the other. poke poke poke.

i brought a bag of chocolate with me to the soup house where i eat lunch. i gave it to the beautiful girl with the long, long black dreads at the cash register. she looked adorably delighted and gave me my soup for free. i watched out of the corner of my eye while all of employees dug through the bag and giggled. they came to my table and thanked me and i hope it's the beginning of a dependable trade.

i finished my book just now and it made me feel lonely and jealous. valencia by michelle tea. lonely because she's not talking to me anymore. because her voice is in a book and it's over now and i've been listening to her voice for a week. jealous because i'm not michelle tea.

last night my super-talented housemate sara performed her poetry:



all of these things make me wish i could write.

1 comment:

Malinda said...

You CAN write, silly. Quite well.