11 February 2009

dear powers that be,

please answer the following questions:

why, as my friend bridget jones says so eloquently, is it the truth universally acknowledged that the moment one area of your life starts going okay, another part of it falls spectacularly to pieces?
why does pasteurized milk heat so slowly?
what if i have poor man's gout in my right knee?
are my library book going to be overdue again?
can men sexually assault women while they're sleep walking???
will you send some more of that insta-good-karma my way?

oh what fools these mortals be,
becca

dear other readers,

on monday, shana and i made cheese. feministing gave a shout-out to the midwest. this week men have been wandering into the chocolate store in record numbers with awkward looks on their faces, grabbing things with pink ribbons on them by the handfuls. fools. well, it's going to be a helluva weekend. wish me luck.

love,
becca

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Oh, Ohio... not claimed by the midwestern plains states, not acknowledged on the east coast... too north to be south.

I'm glad to live in a well-defined state.

And that had absolutely nothing to do with anything.