23 September 2008

guns n' chocolate

i can't believe zuma is going to be president. here, watch this video of zuma's theme song called "bring me my machine gun." i experienced this firsthand once in 2006. it felt exciting and strange and creepy all at once. he looked into my eyes and i didn't like it. he has so many wives.



in personal news, i'm really losing it. i think everyone in my house is going on vacation except me, and i'm insanely jealous. my vacation was a weeklong oxycodone high and bloody urine. now i'm working working working and still sinking into a quagmire of financial doom. i continue to be on the verge of burnout and there's nothing i can do about it.

or so i thought...last night i showered and sat down in the tub and closed my eyes and ears and just let the water run over and over and over me. it sounded like when it's pouring rain and you're inside a car. i sat there and thought, and everything was so clear. everything i need to do. knowing and doing such different things...

the other day i was trying to close the register, which is my biggest weakness at work right now, and this man waiting for a meeting to start kept pestering me (when i was clearly struggling with money-counting!). i was also especially irritable, as i've been on my period this week and every customer has seemed twice as demanding as usual.

"say, how do you stay so thin when you're around so much chocolate all day?"

to which i replied, in an unstable sort of way, "ha. huh. hahaha. hahuhahahahahahahHAHAHAhahahahaaaaaaahaha."

he muttered something and walked away. all i had in my belly was half a ghana bar, a mint confection, a lavendar jalepeno caramel, two pb&j confections, and 3/4 of a big daddy. shovel shovel shovel mmmmmgggggg. feeling like bloated cow rather than "so thin." but thank you, sir. ah, subjectivity.

No comments: