22 May 2008

it's hard and it's hard, ain't it hard

things i would like to do in near future:
  • learn to start my hula hoop with my feet
  • stop eating so much cheese
  • go to the rainforest
  • host a judy chicago "dinner party" dinner party
  • write a letter to my mamaw
  • learn to clog
now, i was very surprised to realize the last item on my list. i've never desired to clog before. the main reason for this is that my father used to clog. he was part of his college's clogging troupe in kentucky. he once told me that when he graduated, he capered across the stage. so clogging was ruined for me, along with science fiction television and county fairs (also things i might have loved).

maybe it's my appalachian roots finally getting the best of me. maybe it's that youtube video i saw of this kid named brandon norris clogging on "so you think you can dance." maybe i miss my mamaw cooking casseroles topped with buttered cornflakes, or her specialty: chocolate gravy over biscuits. whatever it is, i have to pursue it, despite that fact the i don't think i can dance like brandon norris. lately whenever i hear bluegrass and old-time music, my feet start a-twitchin'.

if you've never experienced this, it can be quite frightening.

No comments: