27 July 2008

variations on a familiar theme

allow me to complain some more, please:

got no job, no house, no money, no love. and a kidney stone.
rejection, rejection, rejection.
bad choices.
i'm not a cute french girl.
it's cold and cloudy again today.

the bright side:

urban family that likes me just as i am ("to becca...just as she is!"), cookie dough and reality bites, being brave enough to say something i wanted to say even though it was scary.

i wish i had realized earlier on that being in your 20s is, by definition, a constant struggle to keep your head just above the water. then i would have had time to build a time machine that would transport me to my 30th birthday. only magically, i would arrive with all the life lessons and wisdom that the pain of this decade is supposedly teaching me. yes. that's what i'd have done.

No comments: