12 July 2008

the sun's a circus clown, the moon's a lemon tart

yet another sunny day. i can't stop grinning. and singing. and dancing. partially because of the weather, partially because it's almost time for me to close this chapter of my life and move on.

i know i still have a month left to live here, but i have an itch to start throwing things away and packing my belongings in boxes now. moving is my favorite state of being.

i'm also giddily in love with my friends. last night we had a "great depression" themed potluck that involved costumes, a giant pot of soup, and a woody guthrie-esque jam on the front porch with a banjo, ukulele, guitar, accordion, saw, and the spoons.

other things i love right now: a mighty wind soundtrack (link below being my favorite song ever ever), milkshakes, cutting my bangs obsessively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8NGYoyRR6U

(by the way, to those technologically savvy: how do i post a youtube video, or any link for that matter?? thanks.)

25 more days of work. 25 more days of walking into shelter and being greeted by the overwhelming smell of bacon. always. bacon. everyday. bacon. no matter what. perhaps i should conduct a study on victims of domestic violence and bacon consumption.

today: a long bike ride and a milkshake.

it's just that kind of day.

No comments: