10 June 2009

blogging killed the journal

mercury isn't supposed to be in retrograde anymore.

i missed my bus from ohio to minneapolis due to an accident on the highway. my parents actually drove me to indianapolis so i could catch the bus there. it was a nightmare, plus extra dollars to change my ticket. and pouring down cold rain.

i made it eventually. it was exhausting in a completely different way than ohio. a lot of things look the same, but they aren't. when i'm there i feel so conflicted and only half there. but i saw people i love, and i needed that. i went to a lot of places that make me nostalgic and to a lot of new places. and tried a lot of new drinks. namely free tibet punch and the pickled dragon.

yesterday i went to the airport to fly back to seattle. when i attempted to check in, i realized i had missed my flight. by 24 hours. oops. at that point i was already ridiculously beat (maybe it was the full moon, but i felt everything x100 the entire week) and ready to get on that g.d. plane and sleep in my bed.

instead, i waited in line for an hour, bought a new ticket for $150, and lugged my shit out to the curb to wait for a ride. i returned with a lot more than i left with. i reclaimed my box of memories that has been living at my professor's house for the past year. two quilts made by grandma, a box of photographs, my undergrad research papers, and 10 years worth of journals.

10 years worth of journals. it was a heavy box.

so i went back to the city, undid all the goodbyes, said goodbye again, couldn't sleep, then boarded a 7:15am flight.

i can't remember ever feeling this drained. i have nothing in me.

now off to work.

the rest is for my neglected, lonely journal.

No comments: