18 April 2011

hoppy holidays!


it's that time of year again: SPRING CLEANING!!!!!

SPRING CLEANING is my 3rd favorite reflective/self-improvement holiday of the year (after new year's and my birthday....hm, looks like a need something in the fall...).

new year's is for thinking about all the new things i want to learn and do.

my birthday is for reflection on how i've grown in knowledge and in love in the past year (as my dear liz t. says).

SPRING CLEANING is for cleansing the house, body, soul, mind, in a way that is instantly gratifying and tangible.

it is a time during which i clean my room and get rid of all the fabric scraps, shattered glass, and magazines that i've been hoarding for "art projects."

it is a time during which i remember about exercising and start moving my body again, rebuilding my bike muscles, flailing about my neighborhood on very slow runs, going to yoga to sweat winter out of my pores.

it is a time during which i clean out my digestive system by drinking mudshakes twice a day and eating only wholesome, homecooked foods.



it is a time during which i commission my brilliant, taurus lady friend to make an excel spreadsheet so i can track my daily disciplines.

it is a time for cute baby animals, cherry blossoms, sleepy tulips opening their lil petals.

new life!!!



happy SPRING CLEANING, everyone!!

No comments: