23 March 2011

something in the deli aisle made me cry

can anyone tell me what the hell is going on in the universe right now? mercury isn't even in retrograde (although, dear lord, it's going to be next week for nearly a month!), but things are pretty broken right now.

probably needless to say, my life didn't get as instantly perfect as i thought when i quit theo. i've had a lot of things piling up for a very long time, and, as they say, something's gotta give.

it's hard to believe i never used to cry, because this past week i wept like an angry baby. or maybe a sad baby. or an overwhelmed baby.

i know that i'm being selfish and that life could be a whole lot worse than broken cars, bad colds, bank account errors, and cell phones possibly lost in dumpsters at 2am, when your clothes are soaking wet and your fingers are all wrinkly and smell like tartar sauce....

i know that.

my recent tantrums have pretty much been like they've been whenever i've had tantrums throughout my life: "it's *sobsob* not *snort* faaaiirrrrr *many sobs*"

yes, that's pretty much been my mantra at age 5, 15, and 25. over the same stupid things, more or less.

...i don't know what i'm getting at, really. maybe because it's 4am (wow, i'm turning nocturnal! i didn't think it was possible...).

here's what i need:
  • a whole week to sleep (this will never happen)
  • a mentor and/or therapist (if anyone has any recommendations for someone older, wiser, or professionally trained to listen to my problems and tell me what to do for a reasonable price, please let me know.)
  • everyone who interacts with me regularly to be patient with me.
i think i just needed to throw a bit of a fit, let it out...put things into perspective so i can be free to move on to stuff that matters.

but i needed to be selfish for a minute.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.mikellamcintyre.com/
She's amazing. You will love her instantly.

Amy Marie said...

I've heard great things about Mikella, and I also WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend my therapist. She has a sliding scale that goes down to $60 an hour and is literally the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Also, you should look into Washington Women in Need. It's a "grant" program that will help you pay for your therapy as long as you make under a certain amount. They will pay up to $80 per sission for 24 sessions, and you have a year to use it. So 6 months of going every week or 12 months of going every other week. Highly recommend it!